New digital instalment places pioneering work of fiction under the magnifying glass
|The Making of Samuel Beckett's L'Innomable / The Unnamable (BDMP2).|
This new module reunites all the relevant manuscripts held at three different holding libraries: the Harry Ransom Center (Austin, Texas), the University of Reading and Washington University, St Louis. The genetic edition offers:
- 950 digital facsimiles and their transcriptions;
- all pre-publication versions of the text: the French manuscript, a partial manuscript in French, the manuscript of the English version and two English typescripts;
- facsimiles of 350 doodles with description;
- a search engine;
- digital collation tools to compare the different versions at sentence level.
Forthcoming modules of the Beckett Digital Manuscript Project:
- Krapp's Last Tape / La dernière bande
- Beckett's Radio Plays
- Molloy Malone meurt / Malone Dies
To subscribe to the Beckett Digital Manuscript Project, see the ASP/University Press Antwerp website for: Individual access / Institutional access.
Also at A Piece of Monologue: