Free symposium at St John's College at the University of Oxford · 12 June
|Design: Rhys Tranter|
We're pleased to announce details of a postgraduate symposium due to take place on the 12th June, in conjunction with the final guest seminar of the term, given by Dr Julie Campbell (Southampton) on "Beckett and the Third Programme." Campbell's presentation will be given at 5pm in the New Seminar Room at St John's College, Oxford.
The postgraduate symposium, which precedes the final seminar, shall run from 1.30pm to 4.30pm in the seminar room of 45 St Giles.
1.30pm to 3pm
- Martin Thomas (Australian National University): "Beckett as Schopenhauerian Interpreter"
- Pavneet Kaur Munjal (University of Northampton): "Beckett’s Schopenhauerian Buddhism: East Meets West"
- Natalie Leeder (University of Sussex): "'The Metaphysic of Dunces': The Occult in Adorno and Murphy"
3.30pm to 4.30pm
- Kevin Brazil (New College, University of Oxford): "Samuel Beckett's Art Criticism in Post-war Paris"
- Helen Bailey (University of Reading): "'Plane of white music": Samuel Beckett’s Ethereal Sounds"
Also at A Piece of Monologue: